Here you will find some useful information to help you navigate our services and answer any quick questions you may have.
1. Our space does not allow for more than one client in the space (excluding mum/bub treatments)
2. We are not trained in treating pregnant women.
3. We provide relaxation massage therapy (therapeutic)
1. We would love to see a photo of the location where you would like us to park. This will help us know a few things, including: - whether the parking area is a level, paved/unpaved, un-corrugated surface etc - whether we have ample off-street parking with no infringements on footpaths or interference with access to public transport, emergency access points, post collection/drops or access to public seating or transport - if there is a gradient, whether the gradient still allows for Luna to be levelled out using our stabilisers on the van - whether the the van will need to be unhitched for set-up or can remain on the vehicle. If unhitched, where the vehicle will be parked. If we are are attending for your wedding, we recommend that we can unhitch the tow vehicle for aesthetic purposes. - whether we may need council or other approvals - whether there are any hazards we may need to discuss - and more…
1. Luna is a 14ft caravan (approximately 5m x 3m including the towbar)
2. With the tow vehicle attached; measurements come to approximately 8m x 3m
3. 1 metre space allowance on either side of the van needed for comfortable entry and exit; however the more space around the van, the more aesthetically pleasing it will be (especially for those pre-wedding shots)
4. Take into consideration space for towing and backing up the caravan into the space provided.
5. Minimum height for under pass e.g. tree branches and building structures; is 2.7m
1. Our studio is one of a kind - therefore there are a few things to keep in mind logistically: - you need to be able to get up a step safely to get in and out of the van - our space is lovely and cozy, so if you are claustrophobic - we may not be the right fit for you
2. Our massage table is rated for 200kg. We do love all shapes and sizes and you are beautiful as you are, however, we recommend that you take into consideration how practical our space will be for your own benefit; i.e. entering and exiting the van, and being able to move freely inside.
A relaxation massage is meant to do just that – relax you. Pressure is applied to muscles in the direction of blood flow to the heart, pressure is not necessarily lighter than a deep tissue massage, it just uses techniques that focus more on superficial muscle work.
It works by increasing circulation, stretches tendons and ligaments, and energizes the skin and nervous system. This results in whole-body and mind relaxation, stress reduction, improved circulation, and a boost to the immune system.
DEEP TISSUE MASSAGE
The main difference between deep tissue massage and relaxation massage is that deep tissue massage uses an additional set of techniques and bodywork to work deeper in the layers of muscle. Hence the name “deep…tissue”. This added edge enhances the therapeutic benefits of the massage, reduces tension throughout the body and helps patients recover from exercise and injuries. The overall effect of the deep tissue massage is a relaxing, whole-body treatment.
Remedial massage is intended as a more targeted treatment. While deep tissue massage is a whole-body treatment, remedial massage focuses on parts of the body that requires rehabilitation. Remedial massage first starts with a review of the muscles, ligaments, tendons and posture. Once the therapist understands the issues causing the injury or pain they will then perform a targeted massage of the area.
It is done with a goal in mind, like treating a knee, shoulder or back injury. This means that it will often be done over a series of sessions, where the therapist is constantly assessing the state of the patient and noting any improvements or deterioration. This allows them to adjust their treatment and give their patient the best possible chance of recovery.
Massage stimulates the natural restorative processes of the body and mechanically reduces muscle tension. It can help manage chronic pain, support your immune system, improve sleep, increase strength and flexibility and improve posture.
And my favourite - it can be hugely beneficial to maintain mental health through helping ease symptoms of depression and anxiety, increasing mindfulness and self-awareness, and bringing comfort with touch.
Yes we do. You can also pay with cash, but exact change is required. Alternatively, bank transfer or invoicing can also be arranged.
When you can’t make your appointment/booking and need to cancel within the 24hrs leading up to it, you will incur a cancellation fee. However, if the circumstances are extenuating, the relevant fee may be waived. The potential for a fee to be waived at such short notice, will take into consideration a few things.
Extenuating circumstances are classified here as a situation that is out of your control, exceptional, and affecting your ability to attend your appointment.
Here are some examples: Car breakdown on your way to your appointment (if transport failed before the 24hr period it is your responsibility to reschedule or organise alternative travel arrangements). Major accident/injury or other emergency out of your control that you were involved in, or someone you are a primary carer for, was involved in (incl. a significant other going into labour). Significant psychological distress such as a severe panic attack or suicidal ideation where you need to receive alternative treatment such as hospitalisation. Being admitted to hospital. The onset of a contagious illness within the 24hr period leading up to your appointment. Major or contagious illness coming on in the 24hr leading to your appointment (such as a severe undiagnosed rash, getting lice, getting conjunctivitis, gastro, flu). COVID related (needing to take the test, waiting on results or having COVID-like symptoms such as a fever.
This has to have only come on in the 24hrs leading to your appointment.
These do not count as extenuating circumstances: You slept in, forgot, double-booked yourself, or misread your appointment time. Minor accidents or illness affecting other friends or family (unless you are the sole carer). Celebrations, house moves or similar events where you have control over the date/ time or may choose to move it. Minor psychological distress (as massage will certainly help this and encourage better coping strategies). Last minute work commitments (unless you are attending an emergency such as a fire callout or medical emergency). Forgetting to reschedule or cancel before the 24hr limit.
The full benefits of a relaxation massage reaches its peak at 60minutes. After that it can actually create more of a lethargic effect than a relaxing and uplifted effect on the body and mind and potentially undo the hard work of the previous hour. However, you can book multiple treatments in a week, though it is advised that you consult with your therapist first to work out a treatment plan that considers length of treatments, muscle work, frequency of treatments, and financial consideration.
There is no need to arrive earlier than your appointment time due to the allocation of time for your session. Each session has an additional 25min allocated, in line with our no rush philosophy. Giving us time to collect the information that is required to ensure that your treatment meets your needs; and serve you a lovely cup of tea from our Naturae Health herbal tea collection. Giving you a complete unrushed experience.
Hydro2Oil™️ Unscented - contains a nourishing blend of Soya Bean oil, Jojoba, and Grapeseed oil (all naturally full of Vitamin E).
Benefits where applied topically: